Publishing with a purpose
AVAILABLE WITH 50% DISCOUNT UNTIL 31 MAY
The Short Guides are an exciting series from Policy Press that provide high quality, concise introductions to key subjects in the social sciences.
They provide an essential overview for students at all levels and professionals new to the field in practice oriented subjects. Covering basic themes and concepts, and up-to-date key issues in each subject that are common modules on allied courses but not the main focus of study, they are ideal for courses at further education level and for continuing professional development.
The Short Guides appeal to students directly, particularly those that need a quick overview for one module or a pre-course introduction. They are also suitable for foundation or further education students who are thinking of studying the subject at degree level. Despite the books’ brevity, the coverage of each subject is comprehensive and reliable and provides a solid grounding for further study.
- Concise introductions providing a broad overview of key concepts and topics
- Accessibly written and jargon-free
- Focused on subjects of study and practice in social sciences
- Great authors with well-rounded knowledge of their subject area and proven teaching ability
- Content based on general principles and therefore applicable internationally
- Include illustrative tables, figures, highlighted key words, boxed text or case examples
- Small in length and size – accessible and approachable
- Competitively priced to appeal to individual purchase